Pollo a la Nilsa
Don't make chicken the same way every night - try this dish from Evette!
- step-by-step directions
Pollo a la Nilsa
- 1/2 pound green peppers, diced
- 1/8 pound ajis dulces (could substitute with red bell peppers), diced
- 1/2 pound spanish onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 leaves cilantro (could substitute with cilantro), chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 28 ounce can San Marzano Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 green plantains
- garlic, minced
- olive oil
- For the Sofrito: Deseed the green pepper and ajis dulces and put in a blender. Pulse to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Set aside until needed in recipe.
- For Chicken: Combine the dry rub ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Put dry rub on the chicken breasts. In a shallow pan add chicken and some of the sofrito and let it soak for about an hour.
- In a Dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add chicken breasts. Cook until brown on both sides. Add the chicken stock, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- In another frying pan cook the green peppers and onions and olive oil.
- Meanwhile in another sauce pot combine the remaining sofrito, crushed tomatoes and the bay leaf.
- Once the peppers and onions are cooked add them to the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the sofrito tomato sauce to the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- For Plantains: Cut the end off of the green plantains. Slice down the center and cut into thirds. Peel plantains.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Add plantains to pot and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Strain out water and mash plantains with garlic, olive oil and salt. Put in a bowl and serve with chicken.
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal