Pollo a la Nilsa
Don't make chicken the same way every night - try this dish from Evette!
- step-by-step directions
Pollo a la Nilsa
- 1/2 pound green peppers, diced
- 1/8 pound ajis dulces (could substitute with red bell peppers), diced
- 1/2 pound spanish onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 leaves cilantro (could substitute with cilantro), chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 28 ounce can San Marzano Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 green plantains
- garlic, minced
- olive oil
- For the Sofrito: Deseed the green pepper and ajis dulces and put in a blender. Pulse to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Set aside until needed in recipe.
- For Chicken: Combine the dry rub ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Put dry rub on the chicken breasts. In a shallow pan add chicken and some of the sofrito and let it soak for about an hour.
- In a Dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add chicken breasts. Cook until brown on both sides. Add the chicken stock, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- In another frying pan cook the green peppers and onions and olive oil.
- Meanwhile in another sauce pot combine the remaining sofrito, crushed tomatoes and the bay leaf.
- Once the peppers and onions are cooked add them to the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the sofrito tomato sauce to the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- For Plantains: Cut the end off of the green plantains. Slice down the center and cut into thirds. Peel plantains.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Add plantains to pot and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Strain out water and mash plantains with garlic, olive oil and salt. Put in a bowl and serve with chicken.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami