These popovers is great in the morning, afternoon and even with dinner.
Popovers with Strawberry Honey Compound Butter
- For the Popovers:
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup Milk (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon Melted Unsalted Butter (plus more room temperature butter to grease pan)
For the Strawberry Honey Compound Butter:
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 cup Reduced Strawberry Puree
- pinch of salt
For the Strawberry Puree:
- 24 strawberries (hulled)
- For the Popovers: Preheat oven to 450F.
- Grease a a 12 muffin pan with butter.
- Preheat the pan in the oven for 2 minutes. While preheating, whisk together the ingredients until completely smooth. Remove pan from oven, fill the cups halfway with batter, and then return to oven for 10 minutes. Do not open the oven during the cooking process or the popovers will fall! Cool and serve.
- For the Strawberry Puree: Place strawberries into a blender or food processor and puree. Put this puree into a small sauce pot over medium heat and reduce for about 10 minutes. Use 1/4 cup for the compound butter and reserve the rest in an airtight container.
- For the Strawberry Honey Compound Butter: Place softened butter into a bowl and fold in the honey and strawberry puree. To save any unused portion, wrap in parchment paper, form into a log, and place in refrigerator to chill.