Reinvent last night's leftover pork chops as the filling for a hearty two-handed sandwich.
Pork Chop Cheesesteak
- Cooked Leftover Pork Chops (meat removed from bone and thinly sliced)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (Sliced)
- 2 Serrano Peppers (Sliced)
- 1 Onion (Sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 ounces Sliced Provolone
- Sambal (to taste)
- 4 Hoagie Rolls (split and toasted)
- Preheat a griddle over medium-high heat. Scatter the bell peppers, serranos, and onions on the griddle. Season with salt. Griddle until peppers and onions have charred, become aromatic, and softened.
- Meanwhile, drizzle pork with olive oil. Add the pork to the griddle and cook until hot and crisped in places.
- Top with cheese and cook until the cheese has melted. Divide among the buns and top with the peppers. Spread sambal on the inside of the roll, to taste. Press sandwiches then slice and serve.