Seared Pork with Mushroom Studded Corn
Michael Symon's Pork Chops with Basil Creamed Corn
- 4 Bone-In Pork Chops (half-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (plus more to serve)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 pint Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 ears Corn (shucked and cut from the cob)
- freshly ground Pepper
- crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Lime (zest and juice; separated)
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Basil (torn)
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season the pork chops generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Once pan is hot, add the pork chops and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Set aside to rest.
- In another skillet over medium high heat, add the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to crisp. Add the corn and jalapeno and season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and lime zest. Cook 2 minutes and then deglaze the pan with water. Once water has mostly evaporated, add lime juice, remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and basil.
- Serve pork chops with the basil creamed corn.
Similar categories: Dinner