Get this dish done in minutes!
Michael Symon's Pork Paillard with Beefsteak Tomato Salad
- 1/2 pound Pork loin (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 Beefsteak tomato (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 Ears Corn
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced into rings)
- 1/2 Bunch Basil
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil plus extra
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 tablespoons dill
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium-high heat.
- Season the pork on both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper. Brush the grill with olive oil.
- Arrange the pork, onion and corn on the grill, cooking the pork for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cook the corn, rotating to cook evenly, for about 2 minutes per side. Cut the corn off of the cob.
- Combine the corn, red onion, and basil in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, dill, buttermilk and a pinch of salt and crack of pepper together. Toss the corn mixture with this dressing.
- Plate the pork, and lay a slice of tomato over each piece of pork. Top with a spoonful of the corn salad.