Almost as much fun to make as they are to eat!
Pork Paillard Rollups
- 1/2 pound Pork Loin (cut 1/2-inch thick)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head Romaine (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Olives
- 1 cup Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and sliced)
- Barbecue sauce (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium-high.
- Season the pork on both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper. Brush the grilling surface with a little olive oil.
- Grill the pieces of pork for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, olives, and cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard, jalapeno, olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Toss the romaine, olives, and cheese with 2 tablespoons of this dressing. Place a spoonful of salad on top of each of the paillairds and roll the paillards up around the salad and secure with a toothpick. Drizzle rollups with spicy mustard dressing. Serve the remaining dressing on the side as a dipping sauce along with barbecue sauce.