Mario and Michael both like this winning pasta. Now you can try it at home.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound box of bowtie pasta
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup chicken stock (low-sodium)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup Chevrotin (goat) cheese
- 4 Egg
- 8 slices pancetta
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly drizzle a large-sized pan with olive oil. Add 1 clove chopped garlic, salt, pepper and lightly brown the ground pork. Remove the meat from pan and reserve it. Keep the meat drippings in the pan.
- In the (same, large-sized) pan, add chicken stock (about a 1 cup) to the drippings and allow to boil so any remaining meat releases from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat and add a good pinch of sea salt and a some freshly ground pepper. The goal is to reduce this to half.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta according to package instructions. When pasta is cooked, remove the majority of pasta water, but leave enough to cover the bottom of the pot. Add the remaining chopped garlic along with the halved cherry tomatoes to the pasta, stir, and cook on high for less than a minute, reduce the heat to low and add the reserved pork. The garlic should warm through to break down a little, but retain it's spiciness.
- Now that the sauce has reduced and should be thick, more like a gravy, add a 1 tablespoon of butter, and salt to taste.
- Add the sauce to the pasta pot, remove from heat and gently toss a handful of kale (or fresh greens of your choice) to the pasta dish.
- Fry eggs and place one atop plate of pasta, along with 2 slices of pancetta or Iberico ham. Serve with finely shaved (use a peeler if available) Chevrotin cheese and sprinkle finely chopped parsley to your liking.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber