This dish is so good you'll want it all the time.
Pork Scallopini with a Brussel Sprout Hash
- 6 pork cutlets
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon (diced)
- 1 pound brussels sprouts (trimmed and finely sliced)
- 1 red apple (like macoun or fuji - sliced)
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 sweet potatoes (peeled and medium diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season flour with salt and pepper in a baking dish for dredging.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and bacon. Cook until crisp, then add in the sweet potatoes, sliced shallots, brussel sprouts and apples. Saute over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until all ingredients are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat another saute pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then dredge the cutlets in seasoned flour on both sides, shake off excess and lay carefully in the pan. Work in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. Add whole sprigs of thyme while the pork is searing.
- After 2-3 minutes, when the cutlets are golden, flip and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown as well.
- In the same pan as the cutlets, add water, 1 heaping tablespoon of mustard and 2 tablespoons of butter. Swirl to make an emulsified sauce.