This dish has it all -- protein, starch and vegetables. Make it today!
Pork Schnitzel with Green Beans and Frisee
- 8 ounce Pork loin
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1 Head of Frisee (chopped into pieces)
- 1/2 pound Green Beans (cleaned)
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- Vegetable Oil to fry
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a deep cast iron pan, preheat 1-inch of oil to 350F.
- Season the pork on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In shallow plates or dishes, arrange dredging stations with flour, then egg, then panko, and dredge the pork.
- Carefully drop the pork into the oil to fry, flipping once, for 2 minutes per side.
- Bring a salted pot of a water to a boil. Blanch the green beans by boiling for a minute.
- Whisk together the mustard and red wine vinegar. Add scallions and season with salt. Whisk in the olive oil, adding in a thin stream. Add green beans and frisee and toss to coat salad.
- Serve pork chop with dressed salad on top.