Challah Roll Sandwiches
Michael Symon's Portobello Blue Cheese Sandwich
- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 medium Red Onion (cut into 1/4-inch thick slices)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- 4 ounces Buttermilk Blue Cheese (crumbled; 1/2 cup)
- 4 Challah Buns (split and toasted)
- 2 cups loosely packed Arugula
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. To clean the portobellos, remove the stems and scrape out the gills using a spoon. Drizzle the mushrooms and onion with the olive oil and vinegar and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Put the mushrooms and onions on the grill, close the lid (or cover, if using a grill pan), and cook until the mushrooms soften and the onions begin to char, about 3 minutes. Uncover, flip the mushrooms and onions, and cook uncovered for 1 minute. Top each mushroom with 1 ounce blue cheese. Cook uncovered until the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Put a mushroom onto each bun, top with 1 onion slice, and 1/2 cup arugula, and serve.