It's simply delicious!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound Beef Chuck
- 4 Carrots (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Cups Button Mushrooms
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 Cups Dry Red Wine
- 2 Cup Beef Stock
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Whole Garlic Cloves
- Allow the chuck to come to room temperature. Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the meat on all sides, until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the beef chuck to the slow cooker. Add the carrots, onions, mushrooms the slow cooker, and top with the garlic cloves, sprigs of rosemary, red wine, and beef stock.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.