Make them yourself!
Mario Batali's Potato Chips
- 3 Potatoes (peeled and sliced paper-thin on a mandolin)
- Vegetable Oil (to fry)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Fennel Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Olive oil (to garnish)
- Red Wine Vinegar (splash or to taste)
- Slice the potatoes and then transfer them to a salted water bath in a large bowl for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat 1-inch oil in a cast iron skillet to 360F. Drop potatoes into oil, being careful not to over crowd the pan (do in batches if necessary) and fry until crisp, about a minute.
- Drain potatoes to a paper towel lined plate, and while still hot, season the chips with the ground fennel, salt, lemon zest, olive oil and red wine vinegar.