One bite and you'll see why Michael craves these!
Michael Symon's Potato Nachos with Blue Cheese Fondue
- For the Potatoes:
- 3 Idaho potatoes
- 3 quart Vegetable oil
- 2 Scallions (sliced thinly)
For the Bleu Cheese Dip:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk (heated)
- 1 cup bleu cheese (crumbled)
- pinch of chili flake (optional)
- malt vinegar (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- For the Potatoes: Heat vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pot to 325 degrees F.
- Slice potatoes thicker than an average potato chip, approximately 1/4 inch thick. Soak potato slices in water to remove excess starch.
- Take the slices out of the water and dry on paper towels. Make sure they are dry before transferring to the oil.
- Work in small batches, cooking potatoes until fork tender. Remove from oil with a spider and set aside.
- Turn heat up under oil until the temperature reaches 360 degrees F. Re-fry the potatoes until golden brown and crunchy on the edges and slightly tender in the center. Using a spider remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Season immediately with salt.
- For the Bleu Cheese Dip: In a medium sized pot, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until thick. Ladle in the milk and keep whisking. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until creamy. Remove from heat.
- Fold the bleu cheese into the sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Garnish dip with thinly sliced scallions. Serve with malt vinegar and chili flakes.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks