A simple but tasty potato salad that will go great with any meal.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup hot pepper vinegar
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
- 2 cups small new potatoes, chopped in halves
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup yogurt (Oikos)
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- salt to taste
- Heat sugar & vinegar on stove top with mustard seeds until sugar dissolves, reserve warm.
- Boil potatoes in water with salt.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of warm mustard seed dressing and toss.
- Add remaining ingredients and serve!