A simple but tasty potato salad that will go great with any meal.
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hot Pepper Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Mustard Seeds
- 2 Cups Small New Potatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt 2 tablespoons Dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Basil (chopped)
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan add the sugar, vinegar and mustard seeds and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, add potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 7-9 minutes. Drain potatoes and place in a medium bowl. Add 3-4 tablespoons of warm vinegar mixture and toss.
- Add scallions, garlic, yogurt, dill, basil, lemon and season with Kosher salt. Toss to combine and serve.