Carla Hall's Praline Blondie Sundae
- 1 1/4 cups Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 2 Eggs (whisked)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (plus more for garnish)
- Vanilla Ice Cream to serve
- Praline Sauce to serve
- Whipped Cream to serve
For the Praline Sauce:
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped Pecans (sifted)
- pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Slowly add in the flour and stir until a few streaks are still visible. Fold in the pecans and chocolate until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and back for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewers is inserted into the center and comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- To serve, cut brownies into 9 equal squares. Place on a microwave safe plate and warm for about 30 seconds on medium-high. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, praline sauce and whipped cream. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- For the Praline Sauce: Combine the sugar, evaporated milk and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until the the sugar is dissolved and then allow to cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Note: This mixture can be made a few days ahead and stored in the fridge. Warm in the microwave or in a sauce pan before serving.
1. Bake the blondies until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
2. Use freshly grated cinnamon in the praline sauce for a special touch.