Crunchy and savory!
Pretzel Crusted Pork Cutlets
- For the Pork Loin:
- 1/2 pound Pork Loin (cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces - pounded thin)
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup sourdough Pretzels (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
For the Crunchy Salad:
- 2 Apples (sliced)
- 1 bunch Radishes (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- For the Pork Loin: Set up shallow dishes, one with flour, one with egg, and one with the crushed pretzels.
- Season the pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Dip first into the flour, then the egg, and then the pretzel.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once it has foamed and subsided, arrange the pork, cooking about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cook in batches if necessary as to not crowd the pan. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- For the Crunchy Salad: In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, and red wine vinegar with a generous pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Once combined, add the apple and radish and toss until coated. Serve the salad on top of each of the pieces of pork.