Lorin's Prosciutto Wrapped Gruyere Burger with Pesto Aioli
- For the Pesto Aioli:
- 2 cups Basil Leaves (washed and lightly patted dry)
- 4 cloves Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Prosciutto Gruyere Burger:
- 1 Vidalia Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cornflake Crumbs
- 1 large Egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Whole Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 4 large Slices Prosciutto (dial on 3; medium thickness)
- 4 slices Gruyere Cheese (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- Olive Oil
- 4 Brioche Buns
- For the Pesto Aioli: Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until well combined. Put in container and set aside.
- For the Prosciutto Gruyere Burger: In a medium frying pan, coat the bottom with olive oil. Sauté the onion on medium heat until caramelized. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, egg, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix in the beef and thoroughly combine. Divide the beef into 4 thick burgers. Wrap each burger in prosciutto and place on a piece of wax paper.
- In a large non-skillet, over medium heat, coat the bottom with olive oil. Place burgers in the skillet and cook for approximately 9 minutes per side or until internal temp reaches 140 F. For the last 2 minutes place cheese on burgers and cover skillet with lid.
- Assemble each burger by placing caramelized onions on the bottom roll, followed by burger, and topped with 1 to 2 teaspoons pesto aioli on the inside top of bun.
Similar categories: Dinner