Easy Breakfast Pastry
Daphne Oz's Kid-Friendly Croissants
- 1/2 package Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Almond Paste
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- 1 Egg (whisked with 2 tablespoons water)
- Confectioners Sugar (to dust)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently lay puff pastry out on flat surface. Cut into three equal rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 2 triangles by cutting diagonally lengthwise.
- Place about a teaspoon of chocolate and almond paste in the center of the large end of the triangle pieces. Loosely roll towards the small end. Pinch the ends and bring them in to almost touch.
- Place on the baking sheet, brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with a few almond slices. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve.
Similar categories: Breakfast & Brunch