Daphne's "Captain Crispy" cookies will leave the kids satisfied without the sugar high!
Captain Crispy Cookies
- 4 cups Puffed Grain (for example Quinoa or Millet)
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate Chips
- Red Wine Glaze:
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment or wax paper and spray with canola oil.
- Using a double boiler, heat chocolate just until melted then from heat. Working in a large bowl, pour chocolate over the puffed quinoa folding gently until well incorporated. Press mixture into the prepared baking dish creating an even layer. Cool in refrigerator until set. Cut into 16 equal pieces and serve.
- For adult cookies, heat wine and sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Continue to cook over medium low heat until reduced to a third. Cool to room temperature in a bowl. Drizzle over cookies just before serving.