The perfect side with any meal!
Mario Batali's Pugliese Mushroom Hodgepodge
- 1/4 pound Chanterelles (brushed clean - cut in 1/2)
- 1/4 pound Cremini (brushed clean - cut in 1/2)
- 1/4 pound Oyster Mushrooms (brushed clean - cut in 1/2)
- 1/4 pound Yellow Foot Mushrooms (brushed clean - cut in 1/2)
- 1/2 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Red Chile Flakes
- 4 Scallions (green and white cut into 1-inch long pieces)
- 2 Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Basic Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, place the chanterelles, crimini, oyster, and yellow foot mushrooms, the red onion, chili flakes, scallions, garlic and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add wine after 8 minutes of cooking. Lower the heat so that the mixture simmers, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
- After simmering, the mushroom mixture should be thick, like a ragu. Season the hodgepodge, to taste, with salt and pepper, and pour into a large, shallow serving bowl.