Pumpkin Chocolate Cake
Layers of uber moist pumpkin cake sandwiched between, mascarpone filling, and covered in a decadent ganache. Oh my!
- step-by-step directions
Pumpkin Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
- 2 cups Mascarpone
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree, strained of excess liquid
- 2 teaspoons Salt
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 3 tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 6 ounces Heavy Cream
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped into small bits
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Ginger Snaps, crushed for garnish
- Grease and Flour two 9-inch round layer cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Sugar, Vegetable Oil, and Eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Whisk dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir the dry into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the Pumpkin Puree.
- Divide batter between the two cake pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Rotate pans half way through cooking. When a toothpick comes out clean, the cakes are done. Let cool for 5 minutes and then turn cakes out onto cooling racks.
- While the cakes are cooking make the filling.
- Beat the Mascarpone and the Pumpkin Puree until blended then add the Pumpkin Spice, Salt and Powdered Sugar. Mix at a high speed until blended (about 1 minute). Once it's fully combined add the Vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, cut through each cake horizontally with a serrated knife (there will now be four round of cake to work with).
- Spread the filling evenly between the layers (3).
- Once assembled, transfer cake to a cake stand with parchment paper lined around the edges (to keep the cake stand clean).
- Make the Ganache in a small saucepan. Combine the Corn Syrup and Heavy Cream and bring to a simmer. Add the Chocolate and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the Vanilla Extract. Pour over the cake.
- Garnish with Crushed Ginger Snaps. Once the Ganache is set, remove the parchment.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Pumpkin Chocolate Chocolate Cakes Courses & Meals Desserts Cakes
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw