Rice Pudding with Pumpkin and Caramel
Nelly Ruiz-Arango Sidoti's Pumpkin Dulce de Leche Rice Pudding
- 5 cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar Pumpkin (chopped in 1/4 pieces)
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (broken in half)
- pinch of Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- ground Cinnamon (to garnish)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (to garnish)
- Cook the milk, pumpkin, rice, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon stick and a pinch of salt in a large, heavy duty pot over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil, about ten minutes or less, stirring a couple of times to combine. Keep watching because milk will rise and spill over when it boils. When the mixture comes to a boil, stir all the way to bottom of pot to avoid any rice to stick and burn.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and the pumpkin is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir the milk film that appears on top into the rest of the mixture. Remove cinnamon stick and stir in ice cream and raisins. Serve warm and garnish with a pinch of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Similar categories: Desserts