Pumpkin Pecan Pie
A hybrid of your favorite holiday pies, this pumpkin meets pecan pie combines the best of both worlds.
- step-by-step directions
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- 1 recipe for Carla's Perfect Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Pecans (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- Whipped Cream (for garnish)
- Cinnamon Sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out pie dough to 1/8 inch thickness and line a 9 inch pie plate, allowing excess to drape over edge. Fold over edges and crimp, then trim any remaining excess. Line the pan with parchment and pour in baking beans or weights. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pie crust is light golden.
- Meanwhile, cream butter and sugar, then add beaten eggs, vinegar, salt, vanilla and corn syrup. Stir in pecans and pumpkin puree.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust. Place pie on baking sheet. Bake on center rack of oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with a garnish of whipped cream and cinnamon sugar. *Note: If crust is browning before center is cooked, tent edges of pie with foil and continue baking.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Pumpkin Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts Holidays & Occasions Christmas Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Desserts
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde