Pumpkin Bites with Pecan Glaze
Carla Hall's Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels
- 2 8- ounce Packages Pillsbury Crescent Roll
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Pecans (toasted & chopped)
For the Pecan Glaze:
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1/3 cup Pecans (toasted & chopped)
- Cooking Spray (to grease pan)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, blend pumpkin pie filling, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Unroll Pillsbury Crescent dough on a lightly floured surface. Lightly roll using a floured rolling pin, pinching together seams as needed. Spread the pumpkin mixture into an even layer, leaving a 1/2 inch boarder on the two long edges of dough. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the filling.
- Roll the dough to form a pinwheel starting and ending with the unfilled border. Slice the roll into 1 inch rounds. Lay the rounds on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart, cut side down. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the pinwheels are golden brown on the outside. Remove from oven and drizzle with Pecan Glaze. Serve warm.
- For the Pecan Glaze: Combine the sugar, cream cheese and water in a microwave safe bowl and stir together. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between cooking, until the glaze is smooth and hot. Carefully remove from the microwave and stir in pecans.