A fantastic fall breakfast. These pancakes are light and fluffy with the wonderful essence of pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup (s) All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon table Salt
- 1 1/4 cup (s) Low-Fat Buttermilk
- 1 cup (s) canned Pumpkin (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large Egg(s)
- 3 tablespoons packed Brown Sugar (dark variety)
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 3 spray(s) Cooking Spray
- 2 teaspoons Powdered Sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, beat together buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar and melted butter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; fold in just to combine.
- Coat a nonstick griddle or pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Spoon batter into pan in batches using 1/4-cup batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove pancakes to a tray in a warm oven; repeat with remaining ingredients (being careful not to spray cooking spray into an open flame). Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving. Yields 2 pancakes per serving.