Another classic dish from our favorite grandma!
Mama T's Puttanesca Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Oil-Cured Black Olives (chopped though not too finely)
- 2 tablespoons Brined Capers
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 2- ounce can Anchovies (packed in oil and blotted with paper towels)
- 1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley (chopped and used to finish)
- 1 pound spaghetti (cook according to package directions)
- In a bowl, squish the tomatoes with your hands, breaking them up as much as possible.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic, and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds, but do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer the ingredients, and break up the tomatoes more as it cooks. Add the anchovies, and break them up as they cook.
- As the sauce comes together, about 15 minutes of simmering, finish with a handful of flat-leaf parsley.
- Serve over bucatini pasta.