Latoya Conner's Quinoa Black Bean Sliders
- 2/3 cup Quinoa (Red or White)
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Cooked or Canned Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup chopped Chives
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (to garnish)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Favorite Seasoning Blend (plus more as needed)
- 10 Potato Slider Buns
- Lettuce or Baby Spinach
- Tomato (sliced)
For the Kale Salad:
- 1 bunch chopped Kale
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- In a medium saucepan, cook the quinoa in boiling water until tender, 15 minutes. Drain and spread on a baking sheet to cool to room temperature. In a food processor, puree the black beans until creamy.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs completely, then add black beans to combine. Stir in the cheese, chives, garlic, seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Mix in the quinoa and bread crumbs. Let stand for 10 minutes, then scoop into 10 equal-sized rounds. Form into a 1/2-inch patties, and chill in the refrigerator for an hour until set.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium. Add 3 patties and cook until golden on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the depth of the patty. Add an addition tablespoon of the oil to the skillet, flip the patties and cook for until crisp (5 minutes). Repeat with the remaining patties and oil.
- Toast the potato buns, add lettuce, tomatoes, onion and avocado or pickle. Garnish with tumeric and seasoning blend to taste.
- For the Kale Salad: Combine kale, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and pulse in a food processor until very coarse. Transfer to bowl, add salt and spread yeast flakes on top to taste. Chill or serve at room temperature.