Fried Eggs and Rice
Clinton Kelly's Ranch Style Rice with Fried Eggs
- For the Eggs and Rice:
- 10 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Hot Italian Sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 4 cups Leftover Rice
- 8 ounces Leftover Steak (chopped into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Hot Sauce
- 1 cup White Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 Scallions (thinly sliced for garnish)
For the Salad:
- 6 cups Mixed Greens
- 1/2 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- For the Eggs and Rice: Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat. Season with salt and pepper. Place a large cast iron over medium-high heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the sausage and cook it 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown. Turn the heat up to high.
- Toss in the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then toss in the garlic and cook for another few seconds. Add the rice and then pour the eggs on top. Scramble for 30 seconds. Toss in the steak the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking, just to reheat.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot sauce. Mix thoroughly, taste and adjust for seasoning. Top with the grated cheese and allow to sit while frying the eggs.
- In a non-stick saute pan, melt the butter and fry the remaining 8 eggs sunny side up. Plate the eggs on top of the rice and top with the sliced green scallions. Serve with hot sauce on the side.
- For the Salad: Put the salad greens in a bowl and toss with the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar and olive oil and toss to coat. Serve with the rice and eggs.
Similar categories: Breakfast & Brunch