This classic French dish could be your dinner in a matter of minutes. Simply chop the veggies, drop them in the pot and let it cook. In about an hour dinner is done!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil plus more to brush
- 2 large Onions (diced)
- 3 Bell Peppers (1 Yellow/1 Orange/1 Red)
- 1 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (sliced)
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 large Eggplant (cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds)
- 2 Zucchini (cut into spears)
- 2 Yellow Squash (cut into spears)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Crusty Bread
- In a large dutch oven, heat 1/3 cup olive oil, then add the onions and peppers. Once softened, about 5 minutes, add the garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and parsley. Cook for about 2 minutes, and then add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Allow everything to cook down slightly for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the zucchini, squash, and eggplant with olive oil. Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium high. Grill the zucchini, squash and eggplant until charred and tender, about 4 minutes per side. Roughly chop.
- Add to the tomato mixture, and stir to mix. Check seasonings, and allow to cook down and allow the flavors to marry, about 30 minutes. Can be served warm or room temperature. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and parmigiano reggiano. Serve ratatouille with roasted chicken or lamb, or a hearty slice of crusty bread.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Zucchini Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dinner Vegetarian Cuisine French Other Side Dishes
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs