Loaded Veggie Frittata
Michael Symon's Ratatouille and Feta Frittata
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (plus more as needed)
- 1 medium Eggplant (small dice)
- 1 small Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 1 large Zucchini (small dice)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeded and small dice)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Okra (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups day old Bread )1/4-inch dice; toasted)
- 12 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Flat-leaf Parsley (leaves only; to garnish)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your broiler. Place a 12-inch non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil and begin to sauté the eggplant, cooking until it is golden and begins to crisp, seasoning to release the water. Add the onion and keep cooking until slightly softened, about a minute. Add the zucchini, peppers, and garlic, cooking another minute. Add the okra and bread. Sauté for just a moment, tossing together, season with salt.
- In a medium bowl, whip together the eggs and the cream. Pour over the cooking vegetables and scatter the feta over the eggs. Continue to cook until the eggs begin to set.
- Carefully transfer the pan to the oven and broil 2 to 3 minutes, until the top is golden brown and eggs have set. Garnish with parsley. Slice and serve.