Mario Batali, a Seattle native, helped one rainy city fan's dreams come true when they cooked this veggie filled ravioli dish that's refreshing (rain or shine).
Ravioli with Asparagus and Morels
- Basic Pasta Dough
- 1 Lb Goat Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 12 Morels
- 1/2 Lb Asparagus (thinly sliced)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- In a bowl, combine the goat cheese, nutmeg, and parmigiano reggiano and mix.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pasta dough (you can get Mario's recipe here) out to a 1/8th inch thick. Cut into squares, and spoon a small amount of the cheese mixture (made above) onto half of the squares. Press another square on top of each of the mounds to make ravioli.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the butter, and once it has foamed and subsided, add the morels and sauté for about two minutes, then add the asparagus and spring onions. Continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drop the ravioli into the boiling water, and cook until just al dente, about 3 minutes. Transfer the ravioli directly into the morels, butter, and asparagus, and toss together. Serve immediately with a fresh grating of parmigiano reggiano.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Pasta Ravioli Asparagus Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Italian