Kidney Beans with White Rice
Utokia Langley's Red Beans and Rice
- 1 pound can Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk (or cream)
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt with Water and Rice (plus 2 to 3 teaspoons Sea Salt after cooked)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Combine the beans and cream of coconut in a saucepan with a lid. Gently stir together, and simmer and over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the water, rice, sea salt, and gently stir to combine. Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid has absorbed. Add the butter and additional salt and stir gently to combine and serve.