Cabbage Salad with Beets, Apple, and Raisins
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad
- 1/2 head Red Cabbage (sliced thinly)
- 2 Red Beets (scrubbed clean and grated)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (julienned)
- 1/2 Red Onion (very thinly sliced)
- 1 Orange (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Brown Mustard
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds (toasted)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Soak the raisins in the vinegar and the juice from half the orange for 10 minutes. Strain and add the soaking liquid to a large bowl.
- Whisk in the orange zest, juice from the other half of the orange, mustard, apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and taste to adjust.
- Add the cabbage, beets, apple, onion and golden raisins. Toss to coat and then taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve, topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.