Carla Hall introduced us to Daisy Breland and her southern cooking, and we're all better (and more well-fed) for it. This delicious gravy is a perfect accompaniment to a meal.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 Thick Slice of Country Ham
- 2 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 cup Water
- Cooking Oil
- Use a skillet and add enough cooking oil to cover the bottom of the skillet, but make sure the oil doesn't cover the ham.
- Heat the oil using medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place the ham in the skillet. Brown the ham on both sides.
- Once you brown the ham, remove it from the oil and place it on the side.
- Keep the same oil in the skillet and leave the heat on. Add hot sauce and ketchup. Stir ingredients together while adding 1 cup of water. Put ham back in the skillet.
- Turn up the heat and let it simmer about 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Salt to taste and serve with biscuits.
Red Snapper al Chili Ajo Borracho
Sausage and Peppers over Soft Polenta
Lemon Champagne Float
Crispy Everything Bagel Baked Ravioli
Pork Chop Milanese with Peach and Potato Salad
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Pork and Beef Meatballs