This hearty dish is complimented by the perfect side salad. Give it at try.
Rib-Eye with Tomato Salad
- For the Steak:
- 1 Bone-In Cowboy Ribeye Steak
- 2 tablepoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- For the Tomato Salad:
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion (shaved paper thin and soaked in ice water for 10 minutes)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cored and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1/3 medium Cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1/4 cup Coarsely Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1/4 cup Coarsely Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 pound Yellow Toybox or Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 cup feta (optional)
- For the Steak: Preheat a cast iron pan to medium high.
- Season the rib eye with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and cook on bother sides, about 10 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Let steak rest after cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- For the Salad: Combine the garlic, a pinch of salt, a grinding of pepper, and the vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Drain the onion, pat dry, and add to the bowl along with the bell pepper, cucumber, and olives. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the dill, mint, feta and tomatoes and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon onto a large platter and serve immediately.