Basmati Rice with Carrots, Onions, and Celery
Laila Ali's Rice Pilaf
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (quick cook optional)
- 4-5 cups Chicken Broth (depending on type of rice)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Sweet Onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Celery
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- White Pepper
- In a large pan, sauté veggies in olive oil and butter over medium heat until they begin to brown, about about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth, garlic powder and a couple pinches of salt and white pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook until rice is tender. (Cooking time depends on type of rice used).
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork, add sea salt and pepper to taste.