A tasty breakfast treat in five minutes!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 quarts Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup Goat's Milk Ricotta
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 Oranges (zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 pinch Salt
- Confectioner's Sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat Oil to 365 degrees in a large dutch oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, eggs, granulated sugar, orange zest, and salt. Gently whisk in flour just until incorporated.
- In a small sauce pan add honey and juice from oranges. Gently stir to combine until the sauce is heated through.
- Using two spoons, gently drop heaping tablespoons of batter into oil. Fry in batches to avoid over-crowding the oil. Cook for 3-4 mins or until deep golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and drizzle with honey orange sauce. Serve warm.
Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich
Roasted Chicken with Boozy BBQ Sauce
Grilled German Potato Salad
Cleveland Baked Beans
Pea Pesto Pasta
Herbed Asparagus Frittata with Pea Shoot Salad
Striped Bass with Endive and Spring Onions
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Poule au Pot
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables