A tasty breakfast treat in five minutes!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 quarts Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup Goat's Milk Ricotta
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 Oranges (zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 pinch Salt
- Confectioner's Sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat Oil to 365 degrees in a large dutch oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, eggs, granulated sugar, orange zest, and salt. Gently whisk in flour just until incorporated.
- In a small sauce pan add honey and juice from oranges. Gently stir to combine until the sauce is heated through.
- Using two spoons, gently drop heaping tablespoons of batter into oil. Fry in batches to avoid over-crowding the oil. Cook for 3-4 mins or until deep golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and drizzle with honey orange sauce. Serve warm.