Three Cheese Bites
Clinton Kelly's Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Spinach Bites
- Frozen Pie Dough (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese (strained)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated and divided)
- 9 ounces Frozen Spinach (thawed and drained)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place spinach in a clean kitchen towel and wring out any excess liquid. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, spinach & half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a small amount of olive oil to help combine if necessary.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough into two 4x12 inch rectangles, about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the mixture down the center of the dough, lengthwise. Brush the edges of the dough with water and roll crosswise to seal and encapsulate the filling.
- Slice into 1 inch bite-sized pieces and arrange, cut side up, on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and arrange on a platter. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.