Get ready for spring with this tasty snack. The fresh mint and peas will remind you of all the great summer foods to come!
Ricotta, Pea, and Mint Bruschetta
- 4 cup Shelled Peas
- Kosher Salt
- 2 cup Fresh Sheep's Milk Ricotta Cheese
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Baguette cut into slices at a bias
- Add the peas to a well salted, large pot of boiling water. Make sure there is way more water than peas, and enough salt for it to taste like the ocean. Boil the peas for about 30 seconds. Remove the peas to an ice bath.
- To a food processor, add the ricotta, lemon zest, Parmesan, and mint.
- Drain the peas and add them to the food processor. Pulse just until the mixture comes together, you want to keep a little texture and not make it totally smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl, crack some black pepper over the top and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Heat a grill-pan to medium-high. Brush the pieces of bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on each side until crisp and grill marks appear, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Serve each crostini topped with the pea mixture.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Bread & Pastry Appetizers Cuisine Vegetarian