This summer dish is great with your daily dinner or for a special occasion.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Olive Oil Tart Crust:
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup cold water
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup Tomato Jam
- 2 cups Ricotta
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (freshly grated - plus more from garnish)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Chives (chopped)
- 2 Zucchini
- For the Olive Oil Tart Crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt. Add oil, mix together with a fork. Add water and mix until absorbed; knead lightly.
- Turn dough on to a lightly floured work surface. Roll out into a flat rectangle large enough to cover tart pan. Lay over greased sheet pan. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the Filling: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush the bottom of the tart shell with the tomato jam.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, parmigiano, basil and chives. Spoon into the tart shell.
- Using a peeler or mandolin (confidence permitting) shave the zucchini lengthwise into long strips. Cover the filling over the tart using the zucchini. Sprinkle strips with salt and place them in a strainer for 10 minutes to allow excess water to drain. Pat strips dry and lay them over top of the filling.
- Garnish the tart with parmigiano and transfer to oven to bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie