Scrape up the browned bits of food in the pan with broth, to make a simple sauce that's well-seasoned from the sausage.
Rigatoni with Sausage and Kale
- 2 cup (s) uncooked Rigatoni
- 1/8 teaspoon table Salt or to taste for cooking pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked Turkey Sausage(s) (Sweet Italian Variety)
- 4 cup (s) uncooked Kale (roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup (s) canned Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon table Salt
- 1/2 cup (s) shredded Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano recommended)
- Cook rigatoni in salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, remove sausage from casing and cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up sausage as it cooks, about 3 minutes. Add kale; cook, stirring frequently, until limp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth to skillet and scrape up browned bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon; season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; cook until kale is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in rigatoni; heat through.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of cheese before serving. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.