One bite won't be enough!
Pepperoni Parmesan Bites "Deconstructed Lasagna"
- 1/4 pound pepperoni cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup POLLY-O Original Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 48 RITZ Crackers
- Italian parsley (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Set a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add pepperoni cubes and onion. Cook for 3-4 min. until pepperoni begins to render oil, then add garlic, pepper flakes and fennel seeds. Cook until fragrant, about 2 min.; drain oil and add tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer for 10-12 min. until thickened and all the flavors have come together in the sauce. Set aside and keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta and Parmesan; smear a teaspoon of Parmesan-ricotta mixture on each RITZ Cracker and top with a teaspoon of pepperoni sauce. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-6 min. or until heated through. Garnish with parsley.