Clinton's lunch box favorite is so good you won't want to share it. In fact it might be best if you enjoy it alone.
Roast Beef, Cheddar and Mango Chutney Sandwich
- For the Sandwich:
- 4 Baguettes
- 1 pound Roast Beef (sliced)
- 8 Sharp Cheddar Slices
- Mango Chutney (to taste)
- For the Potato Salad:
- 1 pound Red-skinned New Potatoes
- 3 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Bacon (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Corn (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs (peeled and chopped)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- For the Sandwich: Divide the roast beef evenly among the four baguettes and overlay two slices of cheese on each. Top with mango chutney to your liking to serve.
- For the Potato Salad: Place the potatoes and large pot of seasoned water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain and let cool.
- Quarter the potatoes and place in serving bowl.
- Mix together the dijon mustard, mayonnaise, bacon, scallions, corn and hardboiled eggs until mixed and then fold into the potato salad to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste.