Michael's roasted carrots with feta and mint is the perfect side dish for any occasion!
Roasted Carrots with Feta and Mint
- 1 1/2 pound Carrots (cut into 2-inch chunks at a bias)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Orange (Zest and Juice)
- 1/4 cup Mint (leaves only)
- 1 tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- Kosher Salt
- To Serve:
- 1 cup Feta (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- Olive oil
- EP014092900768Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a mixing bowl add carrots and toss with honey, vinegar, cumin seeds and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, then add the carrots. Season generously with salt and pepper and then toss to coat. Transfer to oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until carrots have caramelized and browned in spots.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the extra virgin olive oil, orange juice and zest, honey, vinegar, mint leaves, shallot and almonds. Add a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Once carrots have finished and cooled slightly, toss them in a large bowl with the dressing.
- To serve garnish carrots with feta, orange zest and a drizzle of olive oil.