Substitute a different cheese such as Cheddar, Monterey Jack or provolone, if you prefer.
Roasted Potato and Sausage Quiche
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated Pie Crust (softened as directed on box)
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® frozen roasted Red Potatoes; Green Beans and Rosemary Butter Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sliced Mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 8 ounces bulk Pork Sausage (cooked and drained)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Cheddar or smoked Gouda Cheese
- chopped Italian Parsley (if desired)
- Heat oven to 425° F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until edge begins to brown. If crust puffs up in center, gently push down with back of wooden spoon. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F. Cook frozen vegetables as directed on bag for minimum time. Pour into a medium bowl. Cut up large pieces of potatoes.
- In 10-inch skillet, crumble sausage; add mushrooms. Cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally; drain. Add sausage-mushroom mixture to vegetables in bowl; stir to combine. Spoon mixture into crust-lined pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and pepper with wire whisk until well blended; pour over mixture in crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until eggs are set in center. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil during last 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Sprinkle with parsley.