Roasted Tomato Dip
This Roasted Tomato Dip is a great appetizer for any occasion!
- step-by-step directions
Roasted Tomato Dip
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled, smashed)
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano (leaves torn)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves torn)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 baguettes (sliced and lightly toasted)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and stir in the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Add the roasted tomato mixture to the cream cheese. Stir to evenly distributed the tomatoes. Transfer to a 6-inch cast iron skillet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with toasted bread.
- Tip: If hosting a party, use two 6-inch cast iron skillets and divide the dip between the two. Keep the second dip warm in a 200ºF oven to replace halfway through the party!
Similar categories: Thanksgiving Sides Dips and Spreads Cheese Appetizers Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetables Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Dips and Spreads Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Dips and Spreads
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal