Shrimp with Corn and Mushroom Salad
Geoffrey Zakarian's Rock Shrimp and Succotash
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chanterelle Mushrooms (trimmed and washed; cut in half if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons Shallots
- 1/2 cup Yellow Sweet Corn
- 8 ounces Rock Shrimp (cleaned and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Fava Beans (blanched and peeled)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 4 Basil Leaves (torn)
- 1 teaspoon Chives (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon Mint Leaves (torn)
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- freshly cracked Pepper
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter and the oil over high flame until it begins to foam. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes, or until they start to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shallots, sweet corn, and rock shrimp. Sauté for 3 more minutes and add the chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the fava beans. Cook the mixture until the vegetables are glazed and the liquid has reduced, and finish the mixture with the tomatoes, basil leaves, chives, mint, and lime juice. Finish the succotash with extra virgin olive oil.