An Italian delight.
Mario Batali's Roman Style Artichokes
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Mint (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Artichokes (halved and trimmed of coarse but not inner leaves with the chokes removed and held in acidulated water)
- 3/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 3/4 cup Boiling Water
- 1 Lemon halved
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, mint, garlic, red onion, chili flake salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In the cavity of the artichoke from which the choke was removed, place 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture. Repeat this procedure with the remaining chokes.
- Arrange all chokes in a deep pan that keeps them close together, in other words, one that doesn't give them room to fall over. Add the wine, boiling water, remaining oil and a pinch of salt. Squeeze half of lemon juice over the top. Cover and simmer on the stovetop 1 hour. Serve hot or at room temperature. Note: To keep artichokes fresh while prepping other ingredients submerge in lemon water.