Carla Hall's Rum Balls
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 6 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Walnuts (toasted and finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- White Sprinkles (for decorating)
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat the rum in a small skillet over medium until reduce by half. Set aside.
- In a heat proof bowl, melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the walnuts, rum, powdered sugar and salt until fully incorporated. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature. This can also be prepared a few days in advance and stored, covered, in the fridge.
- Portion dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sprinkles. Chill in an air tight container until ready to serve.
Similar categories: Desserts