The perfect dinner dish done in minutes!
Michael Symon's Pan-Seared Salmon with Beet Salad
- 20 ounces Salmon (5 ounces filets with the skin on)
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Beet (peeled and grated)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Horseradish (peeled and grated)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley (leaves torn)
- 3 Scallions (sliced on a bias)
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Lemon (juice of half)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large cast-iron pan skillet over medium-high, heat with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon skin side down for 3-4 minutes making sure skin is crispy. Flip Salmon continue to cook for 3 minutes for medium-rare or until salmon reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together remaining oil, mustard and the juice of half a lemon. Toss in remaining ingredients to coat lightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate salmon skin side up with beet salad. Garnish with remaining lemon juice.